The asset description metadata schema is a vocabulary to describe interoperability assets making it possible for ICT developers to explore and search for interoperability assets. ADMS allows public administrations, businesses, standardisation bodies and academia to:
- describe semantic assets in a common way so that they can be seamlessly cross-queried and discovered by information and communications technology (ICT) developers from a single access point;
- search, identify, retrieve and compare semantic assets to be reused, avoiding duplication and expensive design work through a single point of access;
- keep their own system for documenting and storing semantic assets;
- improve indexing and visibility of their own assets;
- link semantic assets to one another in cross-border and cross-sector settings.
Source: https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/asset/adms/description, cited by EU OD.