Call for Early Stage Researchers – ESRs to participate in H2020 project – TODO Twinning Open Data Operational is open until February 10, 2020.
Are you eligible to participate on TODO as ESR?
Early stage researchers shall, at the time of recruitment by the host organisation, be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree.
What we offer to ESRs?
1. Open Data General Training Programme
- Participation in the online open data training (starting March 2020).
- Participation at the major TODO events - Summer school in June 2020 in Varaždin, national and international conferences, workshops from the TODO partners, and specific courses according to the researcher needs.
- Participation in an exchange programme, in which an ESR will spend two weeks at either TUDELFT or UAEGEAN.
Attending TODO events will enable ESRs to interact with an international forum for presenting their research, networking opportunities, and cross-disciplinary inspiration. This approach emphasizes experiential and ‘learning-by-doing’ techniques through which knowledge is constructed by learners in the process of ‘doing’. This approach is capable of evoking a mind-set change not only to free up inspiration for innovation and entrepreneurship among ESRs but also to share these concepts in a future academic career.
Each ESR will receive an individual open data ecosystem training plan, which will be suited to his/her individual needs. Supervisors from different disciplines and institutions will be assigned to the ESR as a supervision team. First TODO supervisor will be from the same UNIZG faculty and department where the ESR is doing his/her research. An interfaculty supervisor will be assigned from a different faculty of UNIZG to enhance interdisciplinary research. In addition, each ESR will be assigned with an external supervisor from either TUDELFT or UAEGEAN. The ESR will have regular meetings with his/her supervision team, either in person or via video meetings.
ESRs will also be instructed to follow open access guidelines. This means that ESRs will disseminate their results in peer-reviewed scientific publications that adhere to open access policy, i.e. online access free of charge for anyone. ESRs will also adhere to an open research data policy.
3. How to apply?
- Personal information
- List current PhD/postgraduate/Master’s training as most recent, include Research Statement (single paragraph, max 100 words), including Title of chosen research topic, Name and contact details of the current mentor and Name and contact details of the second mentor (if applicable), and a motivation statement to participate in TODO programme.
- Work experience (if applicable)
- Personal skills:
- Mother tongues(s), Foreign language(s), including self-assessment of proficiency levels for understanding, speaking and writing.